V-Lock Leather Sable
The V-LOCK is made out of ecological and sustainable materials.
The ChromeFree leather is smooth and light. Coming also from the farms located in the south of Brazil (Rio Grande do Sul), it undergoes an innovative tanning process where no chrome, heavy metals, or dangerous acids are involved. By simplifying the tanning process, the use of chemicals and energy is limited, the use of water is reduced by about 40%, and the use of salt by 80%. After tanning, the water is recyclable.
- Made in Brazil, in the region of Porto Alegre
- Upper: Leather
- Panels: Leather and suede
- Logo V: Suede
- Lining: 33% organic cotton & 67% recycled plastic bottles
- Insole: Made of sugar cane (34%), Amazonian rubber (11%), organic cotton (11%) & recycled E.V.A.* (8%)
- Outsole: 59% bio-sourced and recycled materials: Made from Amazonian rubber (24%), rice waste (23%) & recycled rubber (12%)
- The leather and suede come from farms in Rio Grande do Sul.
- It is tanned in Brazil according to REACH standards.
- The use of water is reasoned during the tanning process.
- The tanneries supplying VEJA leather are certified L.W.G. Gold by the Leather Working - Group, which promotes sustainable practices in tanneries.